This is a culmination of my too many interests. It's is an in-between place. It's more focused than my Myspace blog, but less so than my author blog. Here you can find artwork, photography, writing, poetry, book covers, manga and pointless videos. All of these things mesh together to become a reflection of their creator in an in-between place colored like shadows and flavored like frappuccinos and chocolate. It's one heck of a world.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Cool Wintery Photos


photos


I have been promising people winter photos for awhile now. I know, I know. Well, I’ve waited long enough that the snow has melted – and it’s warmed up to 27. Wow, beach weather compared to what we did have! However, I have been using my time wisely *cough* and did some cleaning and have page 6 for the Judge almost finished – it needs some final tweaks, but I am hoping to do that tomorrow if I can. Today was Turtle Day, after all.

The pics are from a couple of different says and different snowfalls. (yeah, plural! How weird is that?)

Okay, nothing important to say, though I could blather on for pages because I’m like that. However, I will shut up and just put the pics in.

I promise. I’m shutting up.

Now.



The first snowfall:



pretty evergreen all snowy

Frozen grapes

frozen grapes

This is blurry, but you can see the actual individual snowflakes on my sleeve

blurry but too cool - snowflakes

Some kind of poddy things

pod things

tree branch against the snow



Dunnigan park in the evening:



winter stone wall

Would be better without the electrical lines

gnarled snowy branches

Wrought iron gates

a cool effect with the iron gates

winter dusk

Cold geese

cold geese

wintery road

snowy fence



It was beautiful outside but I only took a handful of photos because with the wind chill it was negative something and I couldn’t find my gloves. (I have since bought a pair)



(someone said this looks like a turtle swimming in the sea. Can you see it?)

free form snow

fields of ice

looking back



And at Dunnigan Park Again:



snow curve

treelined path

Cool Shadows:

more tree shadows

A snowy pic-nic table:

remnants of autumn

If there had only been a weeping angel statue around…

cool bench

a leaf on the snow

Played with some cross processing effects here

fence rails





And that’s more than enough for a blog. There’s loads more on my Flickr, as usual. Click any one of those photos and it will magically whisk you off to it.



Random outrage of the moment - http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/national_world&id=7176136

Unless they have a ban on girls having short hair then the whole thing is bullsh**!! It’s not fair that girls can wear their hair short or long but boys aren’t allowed to.

2 comments:

Dawn Colclasure said...

I actually DID see the swimming turtle. LOL :) Great pics They must have inspired your muse. Thank you for sharing.

Joleene Naylor said...

Thanks :) Jonathan actually pointed the turtle out to me. i was thinking it looked more like the inside of a sea shell, but once he said turtle it seemed so obvious!

Post a Comment

Typie, typie here!