This is a culmination of my too many interests. It's is an in-between place. It's more focused than my Myspace blog, but less so than my author blog. Here you can find artwork, photography, writing, poetry, book covers, manga and pointless videos. All of these things mesh together to become a reflection of their creator in an in-between place colored like shadows and flavored like frappuccinos and chocolate. It's one heck of a world.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hmmmm....

Quite honestly I'm not sure what to do with this space. I'm not going to lie, there were a couple blogs I wanted to sub to, and though I have been trying to figure out how to do it without making an account I've finally surrendered. I'm sure it's very easy if you know what you're doing but, alas, I do not. No that that's any reason for me to not barge in and try to do it anyway, of course.

I already have a blog I'm quite happy with on MySpace. I've been there for almost four years now and have finally manage to scrape up some readers. I say that like I advertise, but I don't, really, which in the end is always my downfall. I know the adage "build it and they will come" isn;t supposed to work, but it ends up being the way I do things. This is why I will probably never make it into the big leagues, but I guess that's okay.

My other problem is I am too scattered. At this exact moment I have ten firefox tabs open. One is an online graphic novel I have been trying to read for a week now. Another is a book that looks quite funn that I should bookmark for when I have some money and which I might use for my read of the month next month. then there's my joleenenaylor.com email, the submission page to Sex & Murder magazine to remind me to write something for them, a website of Victorian magazine scans I want to look at when I have time, the RP group where I am currently uploading new character files, a blog i'm in the middle of reading, my yahoo emial with the script for the The Terrible Turtle Conspiracy manga page I have to draw tonight, this page and then a random tab that's now on MySpace.

That, right there, sums me up. I have a finger in every pot so I'm always busy but never comitted to just one thing. I try to be, but there's just too many cool things to do, too many fun people to talk to and too much to - well just too much! That's why I disappear for days or weeks on end then pop back up sporadically. It's because I was doing some of the other 6,000 things in between.

Anywa, back to topic. What am I going to do with this? Maybe I'll copy my myspace blogs here and double post. I think that seems kind of self defeating to post the same blogs to a different audience all over, but maybe not. It's not like I forsee having an audience here. I guess I'll figure it out one way or the other - or not.

Fav song of the moment - "Check Yes Juliet" - We the Kings

2 comments:

Dawn Colclasure said...

Hey, Joleene! Thanks for commenting on my blog. And great to see a Blogger blog of yours! I know what you mean about not knowing what to do with ANOTHER blog, but as someone who has several blogs for different purposes, I can only say that it's best to give it time. You'll think of something to use this blog for. I had an LJ account for months before I decided to use my LJ blog for reviewing books. Anyway, I am also doing several things at a time. It's not easy staying with ONE thing on the Internet. There is so much out there, and so much to do. Anyway, I hope you figure that out and please feel free to drop by when you have the chance. Happy blogging!

Kris said...

Hi Joleene! I saw Dawn tweet about you so I wanted to say hello! I read your bio and now I have to go look up Shades of Gray....It sounds really good!

If you want to check out my blog it's here... http://thecajunbooklady.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Typie, typie here!