This is a culmination of my too many interests. It's is an in-between place. It's more focused than my Myspace blog, but less so than my author blog. Here you can find artwork, photography, writing, poetry, book covers, manga and pointless videos. All of these things mesh together to become a reflection of their creator in an in-between place colored like shadows and flavored like frappuccinos and chocolate. It's one heck of a world.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Spiffy Old Stuff - Song Parodoes

old stuff

It’s time once again for the blog where I post something old that you’ve probably never seen before – yes, I mean spiffy Old Stuff (there’s a cool table of Contents!)

So, I was trying to decide what to post here, and then I remembered a blog that Miles posted a few days ago that had a very funny parody of “American Pie” in it. In this blog he challenged everyone to write their own parodies and post them. Add to that I have spent the last few months betaing some parody songs by Jonathan, and I’ve been wanting to do some. But, I haven’t had the time or the inspiration, so instead I am recycling some old ones from 2005 that I wrote for a Harry Potter contest. (I don’t remember if I won or not.)

I think I’m going to classify these as…
poetry


Snape
(to the tune of Girls by Beastie Boys)(youtube link to the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7jChkA89i0)

Snape - all I really am is Snape
I run around wearing a cape
And no this song is not a jape.

I like to make snarky remarks,
And like to hide here in the dark.
In the dungeon is where I teach
Coz my dream job is out of reach

Back in the day
Potter was always in the way
Thought he was cool but there's no way
Coz I am better any day.
But now he's dead and that's okay
I teach his brat most every day
I wish to choke his life away
but I am not allowed to say

I hope one day,
He'll disappear without delay
For this is what I always pray
But he just never goes away
No matter what rude things I say
he thinks I'm evil, that's okay
It makes me happy in a way
But someday I'll make him pay
His body on the floor will lay

Snape - my hair is greasy
Snape - My words are nasty
Snape -leader of Sly'thrin
Snape - A little pasty
Snape - that's all I really am is Snape
the greatest teacher- I am Snape
Living in the dungeon- I am Snape
I whip up potions-I'm Snape, Snape, Snape, Snape, Snape,
Snape, Snape, Snape,
Snape!


And because one is never enough….

Avada Kadavra
(to the tune of Abracadabra)(YouTube link to the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAPSb3ewgxc)

The green light
It knocks you down
Your soul goes spinnin’ round and round
Round and round and round it goes
Where it ends up, nobody knows

Every time those words I say
You know someone's gonna die today
Die today, my desire
Harry Potter in a funeral Pyre

Avada Avada Kadavra I 'm gonna reach out and grab ya
Avada Avada Kadavra... Avada Kadavra

You make me mad you make me sigh
I'm gonna hurt you, gonna make you cry
Crucio you, and when I'm done
then it's time for the spell I love

Avad Avada Kadavra I 'm gonna reach out and grab ya
Avada Avada Kadavra... Avada Kadavra

I feel joy in your duress
I feel joy at screams you suppress
blood and pain
screams in the night
That's the time when everything feels right.

I see anger in your eyes
I hear anger in your cries
Just when you think you're  gonna get away
You hear those words that I love to say

Avada Avada Kadavra I'm gonna reach out and grab ya
Avada Avada Kadavra... Avada Kadavra

Every time those words I say
You know someone's gonna die today
Die today, my desire
Harry Potter in a funeral Pyre

the green light
it knocks you down
Your soul goes spinnin round and round

the green light
it knocks you down
Your soul goes spinnin round and round

the green light
it knocks you down
Your soul goes spinnin round and round



**************************

Wasn’t that spiffy?


Song playing at the Moment: “Standing Outside of a Broken Telephone Booth with Money in My Hand” – Primitive Radio Gods


(And since people keep asking me, yes, I wrote a book! It has nothing to do with music or Harry Potter, but it's cool!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Typie, typie here!