This is a culmination of my too many interests. It's is an in-between place. It's more focused than my Myspace blog, but less so than my author blog. Here you can find artwork, photography, writing, poetry, book covers, manga and pointless videos. All of these things mesh together to become a reflection of their creator in an in-between place colored like shadows and flavored like frappuccinos and chocolate. It's one heck of a world.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cover Art

I'm just going to post a long selection of my last two (or is it three?) weeks of work on here. You see, I've been busy, busy, busy at the old book cover thing. I don’t think any of the books are up on Smashwords etc yet.

I know that none of Bonnie’s are because I’m probably going to have to do the uploading, but when the time comes I will do a round of pimping for her because, hey, she’s my mom and all. (They are all poetry books, btw!)



(my fav cover, but not my fav of the books, lol!)


from the pit


(yes, I downloaded a free fractal making program for this one. I can now do Fractals! Yay!)


egg of orlin

tales from the lost prophets

young lions southern pirates

from the mist


She was almost what I had in mind…


lyrics


Fun with vectors


tales from the trees

inside the worm


(I like this one a lot too)


from hearts of ghosts

tales from the shattered crystal





Jonathan Harvey’s book is still in the editing stages, but I think people should be aware that it exists because it’s great. It’s a 52 week, humorous devotional. Yes, humorous and devotional in the same sentence. All I can say is: about time!


Shades of Plaid





And I don’t know when Barbara’s book will be up on Smashwords, but I think the cover is nice:


miracles sun1


(this was the original one, but it wasn’t quite right, so it got rejected in favor of the one above, but I still kind of like it, so, worth sharing!)

miracles 1




I have four more to do for Ruth Ann Nordin (which are going to be very cool, I think!) and I’ve also talked to Jerry from http://www.writersreaders.com/ about some eBook covers, so yay!


And since it fits, I will add a self plug, coz I can do that. If you, or someone you know, is in the market for a cheap book cover then visit me at http://www.coverart.joleenenaylor.com . Yeah, it’s cheap. Why? Because I don’t think people should be stuck with bad covers just because they don’t know how to do it themselves or don’t have a lot of money. That’s why!



Song playing at the moment – “11:00 am (Daydreamer’s Nightmare)” – Ten Years

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Typie, typie here!