This is a culmination of my too many interests. It's is an in-between place. It's more focused than my Myspace blog, but less so than my author blog. Here you can find artwork, photography, writing, poetry, book covers, manga and pointless videos. All of these things mesh together to become a reflection of their creator in an in-between place colored like shadows and flavored like frappuccinos and chocolate. It's one heck of a world.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Forsaken Raven

old stuff

It’s that time of the week when I forget to post a Spiffy Old Thing – aka, something you have never seen before – and then, at the last minute, a day or so late, I manage to straggle in a pop something up here.

That does sound about right, you know.

Oh, I do have to mention the spiffy table of contents, though, in case you’ve missed previous entries.

So, this week I’m late, lazy and in a hurry and I know you will all just cry yourself to sleep if I don’t post something, so you’re getting a….

poetry

This was written for a challenge on one of Barb’s groups; it was actually to my picture “Blackbird” (which, if you want some more trivia, was in turn drawn off of the song Blackbird by Alter Bridge). Anyway, it’s not easy writing a poem to your own picture that’s off of something else…. But this is passable, so I am posting it. Enjoy.

Blackbird



Forsaken Raven

In the shadow of your smile there’s a lost land
A place I cannot reach, though I try
A summer’s day you’ve long forgotten
Gray is the color that you’ve turned the perfect sky
In the darkened heart so many worlds collide
The crash of a thousand voices call the name
A word you’ve turned into a chapel prayer
Repeated until you’ve forgotten who’s to blame

I’ll watch as you soar through the sky
Let the night’s arm embrace you
The darkness your savior and haven
Touch the clouds, kiss the moon
Then I’ll watch as you fall to the ground
Forever lost
Forsaken raven

Cruel faces haunt your nightmares and memories
Never caring, you’re just the new circus show
And they watched you perform your own act
While they pitied and scorned you so low

They’ll watch as you soar through the sky
Let the night’s arm embrace you
The darkness your savior and haven
Touch the clouds, kiss the moon
Then they’ll watch as you fall to the ground
Forever lost
Forsaken raven

Spread your wings and scream to the heavens
Your call of despair thrown by the gale
Leave behind just an imprint of life,
A shadow on the moon’s face so pale

Watch as you soar through the sky
Let the night’s arm embrace you
The darkness your savior and haven
Touch the clouds, kiss the moon
Then watch as you fall to the ground
Forever lost
Forsaken raven


*****************

Spiffy, huh?

Song in my head at the moment - “Blackbird” – Alter bridge

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Typie, typie here!