This is a culmination of my too many interests. It's is an in-between place. It's more focused than my Myspace blog, but less so than my author blog. Here you can find artwork, photography, writing, poetry, book covers, manga and pointless videos. All of these things mesh together to become a reflection of their creator in an in-between place colored like shadows and flavored like frappuccinos and chocolate. It's one heck of a world.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Postcards from Bilbo - Volume 1

postcards from bilbo



Hello. My name is Bilbo the Amazing Pencil Guy. Yeah, the Amazing is my middle name. You wanna laugh at it? Huh? Huh? I thought not. Sorry for the tough talk there, but a pencil can only take so much ridicule before he snaps - and who wants to do that? It gets little wood bits everywhere.

So why am I here? I recently ran away from my home and have landed here. No, it wasn't a bad home, but I have a thirst for adventure and excitement! I want to see the world! Or at least a tiny part of it....

But, I feel kind of bad about running away, so I've decided to send my friends back home a few postcards....


June 1st:



(from the back)
Hello! Just dropping you a note to say I made it. "I made it!". I hope I didn't hurt your feelings by running away, but I just have this great need for adventure. And also a bigger postcard.

Until later,
Bilbo.


June 2nd:



(from the back)
Day 2 and I am already having adventures. Today I met a fearsome fuzzy beast with claws and sharp teeth. Long did I fight with him, but in the end I was victorious. I'm also very tired now, so until tomorrow,

Your friend,
Bilbo




June 3rd:




(from the back)

I went backpacking today on the Amazing Mountains of Paper. The locals tried to warn me that the Terrible Turtle Peak was just too treacherous, but I wouldn't listen. I ended up trapped in an avalanche for over an hour. I am unhurt though, and will send more tomorrow.

Bilbo


June 4th:



(from the back)
After the avalanche yesterday I am taking it easy. I've made a new friend, Yan the Yellow Lion. he has a brother who is orange, but he's also grumpy. We are planning a beach trip tomorrow if the weather is good. Hope all is well with you.

Your friend,
Bilbo




(depending on time, there may, or may not be a volume 2. I make no promises!)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Okay, I would like to see Bilbo go white water rafting :)

Joleene Naylor said...

hee-hee, that would be fun!

Post a Comment

Typie, typie here!