This is a culmination of my too many interests. It's is an in-between place. It's more focused than my Myspace blog, but less so than my author blog. Here you can find artwork, photography, writing, poetry, book covers, manga and pointless videos. All of these things mesh together to become a reflection of their creator in an in-between place colored like shadows and flavored like frappuccinos and chocolate. It's one heck of a world.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Postcards from Bilbo - Volume 2

postcards from bilbo


Hello, it is I, Bilbo the Amazing Pencil Guy, with some more postcards for my good friends in Georgia. I really didn't mean to run away from them, it's just that I have a thirst for adventure and excitement and travel!


June 5th

postcard5

(from the back)
It was another sunny day here in southern Missouri. Yan, his brother and I went to the beach today and had a lot of fun. Though I forgot the sunblock and I think I may have gotten a little bit of a sunburn. I'm sure it will be better soon. Hope all is well there!

your friend,
Bilbo




June 6th

postcard6

(from the back)
I went to a barbecue today with my new friends and had some delicious shish kabobs. I was surprised because the chef looked like the kind of guy who might burn stuff, but he didn't. we had corn on the cob too, but since I am running out of space will tell you more later.

Your friend,
Bilbo




June 7th

postcard7

(from the back)
Hello! How are you? How's the family? Hope all is well. Today we went on a nature hike. Yan the yellow lion was very knowledgeable about the wild flowers around here. We saw daisies, and pink flowers, and orange flowers and snow flake flowers. i think the last ones are called Queen Anne's lace where we're from. isn't it exciting to find out all the foreign names?

Bilbo




June 8th

postcard8

(from the back)
More site seeing today. We went out in search of wild native cows. we didn't find any, but Yan assures me that they like to hang out near the cow crossing signs, so maybe we'll get lucky on another day. Hope all is well.

your friend,
Bilbo



June 9th

postcard9

(from the back)
Today I explored some of the vibrant and exotic jungles of Missouri. I only wish I'd rented that pith helmet because i ended up with a tick in my hair - a tick! The thing was huge! It was as big as my eye! Can you imagine that? I hope you never have to experience such horror. But, it was fun anyway.

Your friend,
Bilbo




June 10th

postcard10

(from the back)
My new friends took me on a trip to a local cemetery today. The whole place was steeped in local history, though I think it would have been more informative if I'd had a real local. Did you know that Yan and his friends have not lived here their whole lives? In fact, he's from Taiwan! Isn't that near Texas?

your friend,
Bilbo

1 comments:

Sharon said...

June 9 photo is my favorite! Bilbo's color just pops .

Post a Comment

Typie, typie here!