This is a culmination of my too many interests. It's is an in-between place. It's more focused than my Myspace blog, but less so than my author blog. Here you can find artwork, photography, writing, poetry, book covers, manga and pointless videos. All of these things mesh together to become a reflection of their creator in an in-between place colored like shadows and flavored like frappuccinos and chocolate. It's one heck of a world.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Spiffy Old Stuff - Cigarettes and Memories


It’s time once again for the oft forgotten “Spiffy Old Stuff”, where I share something you may have never seen before. If you've missed some of these, there's a table of contents.

This week it is some…
poetry by you.
 

Well, really it’s a song from 2001. I forget what the point of it was now, I know it came from listening to Jim Croce’s album “Photographs and Memories”, but the tune is not similar to that one at all, just so you know ;)  (Btw, Jim Croce is someone who should be in every music lovers ultimate collection. Just wanted to add that.)



Cigarettes and Memories
(a song)
9/15/2001

Cigarettes and memories,
Shining crystal prism dreams,
Dancing on the ceiling, disappearing in the dark.
Loneliness, hypocrisy,
Wonder what it means to me,
As I sit her lonely, picking my small life apart,

Tell me what I have, that I can hold on to.
Tell me what I have because I don’t have you.

(chorus)
And the night wind ushers in,
A dark fog beneath my skin,
And I sit and wonder where I’m going to.
And the twilight it brings out,
All my secret fear and doubt,
All the whispered words that I once thought true,
But where are you?

Cigarettes and memories,
And all those lonely things,
That make my existence seem so sad.
Sunshine and melodies,
Long forgotten, dusty things,
And still you wonder why I am feeling so bad.

Tell me what I have that I can hold on to,
Tell me what I have, because I don’t have you


(chorus)
And the night wind ushers in,
A dark fog beneath my skin,
And I sit and wonder where I’m going to.
And the twilight it brings out,
All my secret fear and doubt,
All the whispered words that I once thought true,
But where are you?

Cigarettes and memories,
Broken bits of melodies,
The darkest places that we find.
Imagined scenes of emptiness,
Lost alone with all the rest,
And I look for peace that I can’t find,
In my mind.
In my mind,
In my mind.

*********

spiffy, huh?


Song playing at the moment - “Operator” - Jim Croce (via Youtube)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Typie, typie here!