This is a culmination of my too many interests. It's is an in-between place. It's more focused than my Myspace blog, but less so than my author blog. Here you can find artwork, photography, writing, poetry, book covers, manga and pointless videos. All of these things mesh together to become a reflection of their creator in an in-between place colored like shadows and flavored like frappuccinos and chocolate. It's one heck of a world.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Even More Book Covers


artwork

Thought I’d take a moment and share the book covers I’ve been doing lately.


harassment


Because I'm proud of it, though no one cares, here's the original photos this cover came from:

roses
statue



smoking a cigarette

Guess what i spent the other night doing? yeah, playing with smoke. we had to go buy a pack of cigarettes, in fact, and then I ended up using incense for the smoke, as per a great article on "How to Photograph Smoke" (worth checking out!)

Thanks to the advice there, I got a few good smoke images (though we used a 1M candle power spotlight to illuminate it instead of studio lights)

awesome smoke

neat smoke

more cool smoke

cool smoke

(I'm just to the point where to get a better image I need a better camera *sigh* )



For more info on my cover art, like how to get your own affordable book cover, please visit http://CoverArt.JoleeneNaylor.com

For more of my photos you can go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/pandora_6666

2 comments:

Sharon S. said...

you should be proud! Those covers are cool! I love the smoke pics.

Joleene Naylor said...

Thanks! I think these are some of my favorites so far!

Post a Comment

Typie, typie here!