This is a culmination of my too many interests. It's is an in-between place. It's more focused than my Myspace blog, but less so than my author blog. Here you can find artwork, photography, writing, poetry, book covers, manga and pointless videos. All of these things mesh together to become a reflection of their creator in an in-between place colored like shadows and flavored like frappuccinos and chocolate. It's one heck of a world.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Free Flow Poetry Challenge

puddle 3


I got this challenge from "The Arts Web Show" over on wordpress, but I'm posting it here because my wordpress blog is very "themed". I might cross post this to MySpace, not sure yet.

Anyway, the challenge is to listen to this song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AvP1atLBuo - and write whatever pops into your head without looking at the screen (that part was easy as I always have to look at the keyboard to type, and am doing so now, in fact!) You should go check out his original post here:

http://artswebshow.com/2010/06/23/free-flow-poetry-let-go-of-reality/
Anyway, this is what I came up with:



Melody,
A tune to write a song to
So soft and flowing like a breeze in summer time
Or dark and crashing like the ocean waves
Thundering through the infinite cosmos
To touch the breath of angel wings
And fly away into another place
Where only sorrow holds sway
And the happiness of tomorrow is held back
By seeming dreams so incomprehensible
Like sugar crystal, candy moments
Rain drops drip from slender trees
To fill puddles beneath the naked sky
And then the sun returns and burns them all away
So that nothing is left to mark their place
Forgotten, they existed for so short a time
Now lost to all but some distant memory
If they were even worth remembering
For to us they were just a piece of the ever spreading background,
Something to step over and avoid
Though they had a life of their own that we ignored
And looked at as merely an inconvenience
That wet our shoes and socks
And left us hurrying home in so foul a mood


Wasn't that fun? I thought so!

Now, go check out his post!

2 comments:

alienhippy said...

Love the poem, isn't free-flow fantastic. I can't stop free-flowing. Try it to some classical stuff it's great. x

Joleene Naylor said...

Yeah, I enjoy it! It's always surprising what comes out - though I haven;t tried it to classical. TY for the tip! :D

Post a Comment

Typie, typie here!