This is a culmination of my too many interests. It's is an in-between place. It's more focused than my Myspace blog, but less so than my author blog. Here you can find artwork, photography, writing, poetry, book covers, manga and pointless videos. All of these things mesh together to become a reflection of their creator in an in-between place colored like shadows and flavored like frappuccinos and chocolate. It's one heck of a world.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Postcards from Bilbo - Volume 6



postcards from bilbo


Bilbo here, yes, Bilbo the Amazing Pencil Guy. (That’s my real name, I swear!) Though I ran away from home to southern Missouri, seeking adventure and excitement, I want to keep in touch with my friends back home, so I send them periodical postcards….


August 15th

postcard 26

Hello! Just dropping you a line to see how you're doing. I am having a good time here. In fact, today I visited the ducks. I had no idea that ducks came in so many shapes, sizes and colors! There were ninja ducks, bunny ducks, scientist ducks, even sleepy ducks having sweet dreams! It was quite an adventure. But, alas, I am out of space, so will write more later.
Your friend,
Bilbo



August 19th

postcard 27

Argh, Matey! Shiver me timbers! That's pirate for, “Hello!”; I think. Yan and I went to a Pirate Park today and, though it wasn't quite the high seas, it was an adventure all its own. We found the buried treasure and got to rescue a damsel in distress. Though I'm not sure pirates did a lot of rescuing, but it was fun anyway. Hope you're having an adventure filled day too!
Your friend,
Bilbo



August 23rd

postcard 28

Just a quick note to say hi. Yan and I were going to go on a trip; we even booked an airplane, but the pilots went missing at the last moment because the turtles ate them. (That seemed like a deus ex machina to me. Turtles?! where did they suddenly come from? I think it's a bad attempt to make sure we don't leave and thereby end the flow of postcards! Ha!) See if I fly with pink-sparkles airlines again!
Your irate friend,
Bilbo



August 27th

postcard 29

I am writing to tell you that I am still alive, though it's a miracle. someone talked me into bungee jumping today; I forget who, though if I could remember I'd stomp on their toe! Bungee jumping was not fun at all. I suppose it could have been enjoyable; the wind, the rush, the leap, had it not been for the fuzzy monsters waiting below. Do you know what they do to a pencil person suspended from a bouncy string? I will never be the same again!
Hope you are faring better!
Your friend,
Bilbo



August 31st

postcard 30

Greetings, friends! How are you? I hope all is well there. I have recovered from the bungee jumping/attack and have been enjoying myself the last couple of days. I have been trying foreign food, and none has been so odd as the sushi. I can't say for sure whether I liked it or not, though I did enjoy the Miso soup and the pockey sticks. “I think I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so!”
Hee-hee!
Your friend,
Bilbo









Fav songs of the moment - “One Night” - Goo Goo Dolls & “Re-education Through Labor” & “From Heads Unworthy” - Rise Against


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Typie, typie here!