This is a culmination of my too many interests. It's is an in-between place. It's more focused than my Myspace blog, but less so than my author blog. Here you can find artwork, photography, writing, poetry, book covers, manga and pointless videos. All of these things mesh together to become a reflection of their creator in an in-between place colored like shadows and flavored like frappuccinos and chocolate. It's one heck of a world.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Trip to the Store

In case you don’t know who I am, I am me. Okay, no, I am Jo. Yes, the full name is Joleene, but I like Jo better. However, all those “e’s” work to my advantage when it comes to an author name, as it isn’t a popular spelling. Now, if only people can remember all the e’s…

Despite popular belief, I am not from the UK. Yeah, I use a lot of their slang, but it’s from watching a lot of their TV shows. In fact, I can’t think of any “American” show I’m currently watching. We’ll do NCIS when it comes back, and, um… Oh, we started “Invasion” awhile ago, but have to get the rest of it. Other than that I watch British or Japanese tv - when I watch TV. Usually hubby and I have a series going ad we’ll watch an episode or two during dinner. We’re watching the anime Bleach right now, but other than that I don’t really do TV. It sucks too much time away, and I don’t have time now to do half of what I want to or need to.

So, anyway, I thought this week I would take my Blogophilia friends on a trip. No, not touring Bourdeaux, I don’t have that kind of money. I thought about taking everyone out for Ice Cream, or actually frozen custard, but the little shop was closed, so instead I guess we’re going to go to the grocery store to buy the things for a stir fry. Yummy!

04-21-07_1610

“do do do do do do do do… your love is better than ice cream, better than anything else that I’ve... Hey! What’s this?”

IMG_20100829_211511

Is that…. Yes, yes it is!

IMG_20100829_211448

It’s Halloween candy! Never mind that I took these pictures August 30th! Two months early?! Oh well, I guess that means we get to enjoy the halloweeny goodness longer…

But alas, candy is not on my shopping list, so on to produce!

Let’s see… I need a pepper. Not, not a crimson red pepper, but a green one. Ah yes here they - holy crap! This pepper is as big as my head!

IMG_20100829_211639

Look at that! Damn! I could get a couple of stir fries out of that! Okay, now we need some mushrooms…

IMG_20100829_212036

No, not those kind of mushrooms! Even if they are stuffed with tasty yellow cheese and brick colored bacon bits. We need the little white - holy smokes batman! Look at this!

IMG_20100829_212049

That’s a big mushroom! I feel like I’m in giant vegetable land

! I take that back, giant vegetable and FRUIT land! Take a look at that banana!

IMG_20100829_212123

Okay, so it has a happy face. And it’s hanging out with a monkey. It’s still… okay, fine. If you refuse to be any fun. It’s still cute anyway. Now come on, we need onions still.

“do do do do do do, And it’s a long way down, It’s a long way down, it’s a long way down- “ Oh! Look, it’s the cheese kiosk!

IMG_20100829_212525

I’m going to get rich one day and go berserk and buy a whole cart load of all that fancy cheese. What? Oh, sure, you can come and have some fancy cheese. I’ll have enough to feed an army, after all.

There, got the onion. Now we need some sun dried tomato dressing. I think it’s over - hey, what is that?

IMG_20100829_212245

Oh yuck! You have to be joking! As if peanut butter wasn’t bad enough in a jar - now you can get it in individual servings?!? Yes, I am a peanut butter hater. No, I don’t intend to reform.

Okay, let’s go get the rice and get out of here.

“do do do do do do do do, your love is better than chocolate, better than anything else that I’ve tried. Your -“ Hey! Those are cute!

IMG_20100829_213224

Awww, the kangaroo rules!

IMG_20100829_213159

Now, come along, let’s - what?

IMG_20100829_213100

Ha ha. Funny. No, I am not a chicken, pink or otherwise. There is no resemblance there. Now can we get going?

What the heck? Look! It’s that freaking Big red Soda. Do you know, until I went to Kentucky I’d never seen the stuff and now it’s everywhere in all its bubbly scarlet glory? And no, I don’t think it tastes good, either. Why don’t they start importing that Sun Drop soda? I liked it!

IMG_20100829_213423

“do do do do do do do do… It’s a long way down, It’s a long way down, It’s a long way down to the place Where we started from...” what? Oh. Well, hubby wants to stop and visit his sister for a minute. Do you mind? Cool, you can come along then. Though it’s getting late, and we still have to go home and start the meat marinating for dinner and - hey! That’s a good idea! It can marinate while we visit her. Good thinking!

IMG_20100829_214304

Hello sister of hubby. And hello doggie. Awww, isn’t she cute?

IMG_20100829_214745

And of course there’s my favorite Chihuahua.

IMG_20100829_214832

Well, it looks like we might be here awhile, after all. So, I guess you might want to - what? Other things to do? Well, all right then. I guess I’ll see you later. Have fun, and thanks for going shopping with us.

This is a bit too random to need a random thing, but I’m adding one anyway!

video2

Since you got to see the sister in law’s dogs, I thought I’d introduce Fido, only he’s a bit camera shy…



It was worth a try!

Fav song of the moment- “One Night”- Goo Goo Dolls

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In case anyone wants to know, the song is “Ice Cream” by Sarah McLachlan


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Typie, typie here!