This is a culmination of my too many interests. It's is an in-between place. It's more focused than my Myspace blog, but less so than my author blog. Here you can find artwork, photography, writing, poetry, book covers, manga and pointless videos. All of these things mesh together to become a reflection of their creator in an in-between place colored like shadows and flavored like frappuccinos and chocolate. It's one heck of a world.

Friday, November 5, 2010

More Book Covers

Though I haven;t been posting them, I've been busy at book covers. here's some of the recent ones.


The Gypsy

Original painting by Alfred Sisely - image from wikicommons - I added in the people, the dog and the sheep and darkened the sky. 

(get this book)

witness to a murder

A YA suspense/thriller/horror. It's a good read :)

Just took a photo pf a sticky note and did the blood on the PC. I kept trying to find a good handwriting font, and finally just wrote it out myself using the paintbrush tool.


Before You

Photo provided by Paul Garland - he has a LOT of fantastic CC licensed images. I just love his photo stream!


Adair Park

Vector drawings for this one. I used some reference images from a book on guns that my brother owns, and the dead person is drawn off of the brother playing dead for me. He's a good sport about posing for me.

(get the book!)


and an "in progress" for NaNowriMo

in progress 1

I don't have time to do NaNoWriMo (national Novel Writing month) this year, but LC does and has come up with a brilliant idea; as she is doing the manuscript and uploading it to smashwords in progress, so we will do with the cover, too :) This is the first one... look for more to come!

Song going through my head - “Total Eclipse of the Heart” - The Rhythm Method

2 comments:

Sharon S. said...

great job on the covers. I really like The Gypsy, but they are all wonderful!

Joleene Naylor said...

yeah, I am really proud of those sheep :p

Post a Comment

Typie, typie here!