This is a culmination of my too many interests. It's is an in-between place. It's more focused than my Myspace blog, but less so than my author blog. Here you can find artwork, photography, writing, poetry, book covers, manga and pointless videos. All of these things mesh together to become a reflection of their creator in an in-between place colored like shadows and flavored like frappuccinos and chocolate. It's one heck of a world.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Are Book Covers Doomed?

This is from CBS news:



One interesting thing that I think they left out of the video is that eBooks need covers too. For instance, most eBook publishers have specifics regarding a book cover before you can publish with them, or get added to their premium distributions. Those covers still help sell the books the same as the covers do on a paper back. Personally, I have no fear that book covers will go away.

What about you? Are you guilty of "judging a book by it's cover"? How often to you check out a book (read a sample, click to know more, pick the book up in the store, etc) because the cover appealed to you?

One interesting thing that I think they left out of the video is that eBooks need covers too. For instance, most eBook publishers have specifics regarding a book cover before you can publish with them, or get added to their premium distributions. Those covers still help sell the books the same as the covers do on a paper back. Personally, I have no fear that book covers will go away.

What about you? Are you guilty of "judging a book by it's cover"? How often to you check out a book (read a sample, click to know more, pick the book up in the store, etc) because the cover appealed to you?

2 comments:

Joleene Naylor said...

If the video is displaying funky then you can watch it here: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7165161n

Sharon S. said...

I agree with you. eBooks need covers too. I will judge a book by the cover. If it is smexy, I will pick it up! I don't dismiss the bad ones, but the smexy man titty cover will catch my eye first ;)

Post a Comment

Typie, typie here!