This is a culmination of my too many interests. It's is an in-between place. It's more focused than my Myspace blog, but less so than my author blog. Here you can find artwork, photography, writing, poetry, book covers, manga and pointless videos. All of these things mesh together to become a reflection of their creator in an in-between place colored like shadows and flavored like frappuccinos and chocolate. It's one heck of a world.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

More book cover joy....

So, I've been busy working on covers lately. I know, nothing new, huh? These are most of the new ones - I have one to finish and one that is out waiting approval, and a couple I skipped because they didn't "do it" for me. Not to say they're bad covers, but I make what the author wants, which means it is not always to my taste. That's the difference between graphic art and art-art ;)


The moaning rocks

This is my new favorite cover! The trees are actually from photos (yeah, using my cheating method again!) but I used art media to paint in the figure :) Yeah. I love this one...


Zombie hospital

Okay, I really like this one, too! It was super fun! And the background texture really just "did it".

Artwork by me :)



morsels collection cover

It's the "symbols" from each book: incidentally the three ring one to the left is the executioners necklace and will be the one for book 3

Be nice if I'd finish the stories, now....


clouds

An example of a cover where the author said "surprise me". I love those kind.

Photo by me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pandora_6666/1283013253/ (actually hubby might have taken it, I don;t remember and it;s not like we're going to bicker over photo rights ;) )


vs1 B

image from dreamstime.com by Jiri Foltyon

template
This is a really simple one, but sometimes simple is exactly what you want!

Image from author

mareen a vampire tale

ANother awesome one. The author sent me the pic, though I know he got it from dreamstime.

template

The author and I went through a few concept ideas and settled on this one and I am glad we did! I really like this one! And she was a dream to work with! (not that other authors aren't, or anything...)

The pathway to purpose

Angel, swirlies and sparkly spots - does it get better?

artwork by me and swirls from room122.com


I have some illustrations for a book to share some other time, and then I have a sketch i will never do anything with that was fun, anyway. But, another day ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Typie, typie here!