This is a culmination of my too many interests. It's is an in-between place. It's more focused than my Myspace blog, but less so than my author blog. Here you can find artwork, photography, writing, poetry, book covers, manga and pointless videos. All of these things mesh together to become a reflection of their creator in an in-between place colored like shadows and flavored like frappuccinos and chocolate. It's one heck of a world.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Book Cover Extravaganza

Yeah, so that's all I've been doing for the last three or four days. I need to take a break and get some writing (or photo editing) done, but don't think it is gonna happen...

On to the cool new covers:

the 10-minute pr checklist by Mark Coker

Vector by me - based on an image by Gary Knight: www.flickr.com/photos/garryknight/5542172347/

This is currently my favorite cover. Well, okay, this one and Devil's Mistress. (see farther down)


template

photo by me: www.flickr.com/photos/pandora_6666/1191320650/

That photo was actually taken with my cell phone a couple years ago - it's the corner of my yard overlooking the field next door ;)


Rattlers by Paul Perron

original image from Christian Harberts | Dreamstime. com

I got to read this short story and it's good!


The Last Pahvant

rock image by Shari Weinsheimer from www.publicdomainpictures.net/view-image.php?image=3954&am...

sky image by me - www.flickr.com/photos/pandora_6666/3224802052/

I also got to read some of this one - when I have more time I intend to read it all - it has a great beginning!


Exiles by Tom Parker

vectors by me - based on this image: wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/File:Two_Elephants_in_Addo_E...

This one makes me think of the Just SO Stories book I had when I was a kid - http://buffy68.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8343635ed53ef013485d4d626970c-500wi

template

Photo by author - he also provided the photo for his last cover and it was equally cool. he must be a heck of a photographer!

devil

IMAGES BY Geotrac | Dreamstime.com and Snake3D @canstockphoto.com

I LOVE this one!!! It looks like a book you'd buy at Hy-Vee in the rack by the check out counter (yes, this is what I aspire to ;) )


Doctor's Delight


images by Andi Berger & Elena Rostunova | Dreamstime. com

half naked doctor. It's a winner in my book!!!


template2

Photos by:

© Winterdove | Dreamstime. com
© Xalanx | Dreamstime. com
© Scott Griessel | Dreamstime. com

did lots of manipping - this is actually four pics (two were by the same guy). I thought it turned out good. The woman is obviously not standing there, but I dind't want her to be, hence the banner that goes behind her but in front of the rest of it.


there's 4 more waiting for approval, one I need to photograph for, three I need to draw, and two I am waiting on replies for to start - oh and one we are both waiting on a reply from an image owner... so yeah, not slowing down any ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Typie, typie here!